Live reload list of builds doesn't work

I’ve noticed when I come back to firefox window with CI then I need to refresh the page https://circleci.com/dashboard in order to see new builds. It’s happening like that for at least month and also, my friend noticed this problem.

I used to could open my MacBook next day and the CircleCI page was working without refreshing it (I mean I could see new builds after pushing commits and I didn’t refresh the page).

I tried to use Safari and I was having it opened on one of the screens and after a few minutes when I pushed new code to repo I didn’t see new build running unless I refreshed manually the CI page.

I tested it also on Chrome in incognito mode and the same problem occurred. In Chrome console I don’t see errors.

In firefox console I see errors like:

The connection to wss://ws.pusherapp.com/app/1cf6e0e755e419d2ac9a?protocol=7&client=js&version=2.2.4&flash=false was interrupted while the page was loading. pusher.min.js:72:307
mutating the [[Prototype]] of an object will cause your code to run very slowly; instead create the object with the correct initial [[Prototype]] value using Object.create om-production-d4e84758bf3ff95381bc722b57046f60.js:5678:259
not well-formed pusher:1:1
Use of getAttributeNode() is deprecated. Use getAttribute() instead. widget.js:1:4986
Use of getPreventDefault() is deprecated.  Use defaultPrevented instead. widget.js:2:11488
TypeError: e.target.parentNode is null
 widget.js:11:28775
TypeError: e.target.parentNode is null

In Safari console I see errors:

[Warning] Unexpected CSS token: : (app-12f69490de56dbaa905020c5511e76e1.css, line 1)
[Warning] Unexpected CSS token: : (app-12f69490de56dbaa905020c5511e76e1.css, line 4)
[Warning] Unexpected CSS token: : (app-12f69490de56dbaa905020c5511e76e1.css, line 4)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden) (app.css.map, line 0)
[Log] [Amplitude] WARNING: Property key "repo" with invalid value type null, ignoring (amplitude-2.9.1-min.gz.js, line 2)
[Log] [Amplitude] WARNING: Property key "org" with invalid value type null, ignoring (amplitude-2.9.1-min.gz.js, line 2)
[Error] TypeError: null is not an object (evaluating 'e.target.parentNode.id')
	(anonymous function) (widget.js:11:28858)
	forEach
	(anonymous function) (widget.js:11:28096)
[Error] TypeError: null is not an object (evaluating 'e.target.parentNode.id')
	(anonymous function) (widget.js:11:28858)
	forEach
	(anonymous function) (widget.js:11:28096)
2 Likes

No errors in my javascript console but live reload is not working for me either

I’m experiencing the same issue. Not a blocker, but it was always nice to be able to see live updated build progress!

1 Like

same issue for me. not seeing any javascript errors, though.

Hello everyone, sorry for the radio silence! We are aware of this bug and are working on a fix. Thanks so much for your patience and we will be sure to update this bug report once the issues has been resolved.

Seems to be back working for me today - thanks @levlaz!

1 Like

Still broke for me :frowning:

There is a new and separate issue that is being fixed as we speak. @ozzyaaron does anything load for you?

@levlaz Live reload still doesn’t work for me.

Can you share a build URL for me?

@levlaz Here is build https://circleci.com/gh/KnapsackPro/knapsack_pro-ruby/206 When I opened a new tab with CircleCI then build was running there but it was no visible as running build on the first tab where the live reloading should happen. When the build was finished then I noticed it popped up on the first tab. I’m guessing when the build was in running state then web socket message was not delivered to my first tab in chrome.

It’s still not working for me today. A change has been that now when I load the page nothing updates. It used to update the times etc when I refreshed but now the timers don’t update either.

This is for any of our index of build pages for https://circleci.com/gh/interexchange

Is this working for anybody yet? I’m seeing weirder things still like if I view our list at the organisation level it only shows one of our projects. Auto updating of the list doesn’t appear to work yet either but I’m not seeing console errors like I was before I just have to refresh the page to see build statuses.

Just pushed a branch then and got no feedback. Refresh he page and there it is.

It still doesn’t work for me :frowning:

Broken for me as well.

This is still broken for me as well.