Build page doesn't load

When loading https://circleci.com/gh/retorquere/zotero-better-bibtex, the circle logo keeps spinning, but nothing is loaded. The only error I see in the JS console is

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘appendChild’ of null
at m (intercom2-69601232504ae3fd7f8a2630eade6e60.js:1)
at b (intercom2-69601232504ae3fd7f8a2630eade6e60.js:1)
at Object.511 (intercom2-69601232504ae3fd7f8a2630eade6e60.js:1)
at t (intercom2-69601232504ae3fd7f8a2630eade6e60.js:1)
at Object.0 (intercom2-69601232504ae3fd7f8a2630eade6e60.js:1)
at t (intercom2-69601232504ae3fd7f8a2630eade6e60.js:1)
at n.0 (intercom2-69601232504ae3fd7f8a2630eade6e60.js:1)
at intercom2-69601232504ae3fd7f8a2630eade6e60.js:1

(this error is from Chrome, but I’m seeing the same behavior from Firefox and Opera)

1 Like

This seems specific to Linux somehow? On my macbook the site loads as usual.

I’ve tried in incognito mode in Firefox, chrome, and Opera (which means plugins are not loaded) and a fresh install of Vivaldi – all the same, the circle just keeps spinning

I experience this, too. The key to reproducing it is to be logged out. If I am logged in, it does not happen.

My stack trace is the same and the logo spins forever.

Here’s my build page (though it doesn’t seem to matter which project):
https://circleci.com/gh/sholladay/fresh-cli

Logging in did it. Still a bizarre reaction to being logged out though.

Can you guys go to the Settings page for your projects and make sure OSS is checked? I just tried a few public project pages myself (in incognito mode) myself and they seem to be working.

Where do I find this setting? I am at the project config page, but the page doesn’t have “OSS” or “Open” on it.

It’s in advanced settings. The setting is called “Free and Open Source”. The URL would be like this:

https://circleci.com/gh/<ORG>/<PROJECT>/edit#advanced-settings

Thank you. “Free and Open Source” is on for my project.

Hmm… that was my only idea.

I noticed from previous posts that you said it works on macOS when you’re logged out. Can you please add that info to your original post (OP)? Also, add which browser and version on Linux you’re using where this doesn’t work? This will help our front-end team in order to troubleshoot and fix this.

Thank you so much.

Just tested, and it must be the logged-in thing. I was probably logged in on my mac at the time, and now that I’ve logged out I’m seeing the same issue here. Tried with the same array of browsers on both the mac and linux – opera, chrome, firefox

One more tidbit: I’ve logged out, and my profile picture no longer shows, but if I click the place where my profile picture usually is, the dropdown still says “User Settings” and “Logout” – the same as when I’m logged in. Logging back in promptly solves the issue, but apart from my profile picture being replaced by a white stripe, I can’t tell whether I’m logged in or not without going to the home page.

I experience the spinning circle when logged out on Firefox 55.0.1 and Chrome 60 on macOS 10.12.6.

make sure OSS is checked

Yes, it is inferred. I never have to touch that, presumably because of the license I use. Here is proof of the F/OSS setting being enabled for sholladay/fresh-cli:

I also have to concur with @retorquere on this:

I’ve logged out, and my profile picture no longer shows, but if I click the place where my profile picture usually is, the dropdown still says “User Settings” and “Logout” … apart from my profile picture being replaced by a white stripe, I can’t tell whether I’m logged in or not without going to the home page

Yeah, the UX design for the logged out state is very strange just in general…

Yup, not even that it’s strange, it’s flat out broken.

I’ve filled an internal report and it’s on the way to being fixed. Thanks everyone.

This same exact problem is happening again.

Sorry to be harsh, but how does something this basic go unnoticed or unfixed for so long? I am starting to lose my confidence in Circle CI for F/OSS. There is just no point if the community cannot see the build page.