Hello CircleCI community,
First of all, thank you to everyone who has posted, tweeted, and completed UX sessions with us as we rebuilt our new UI. About 80% of our users have opted-in to the new UI and we’re seeing very positive feedback. You were an important part of building that!
Access to the old UI will be shut down on August 14th.
Here are some of the recent improvements you’ll see:
- A cross-project view at the pipelines level
- Faster page load time
- Type-to-search on the branch and project picker
- Auto-open for failed and most recent pipelines on the dashboard to reduce clicking
- A default view of the Test Summary tab upon failure to reduce clicking
With all of this now available, we feel ready to advance to our pipelines-based future.
Our legacy Slack Notification settings will not be available in the new UI. If you still use our legacy, UI-based Slack Notification settings, please note that you must take the following actions to continue using Slack notifications:
- Remove the Slack webhook url from the legacy chat notification page: https://circleci.com/gh/ORGNAME/PROJECTNAME/edit#hooks
- Update your configuration file to include the Slack orb and update the config for any jobs that you would like to enable notifications for.
We know many of you have developed workflows around the old pre-pipelines world and we apologize for any disruptions to your flow. If you need to prepare for or change anything to be able to work in the new UI, please do so before August 14th. For those of you on paid plans, you can reach out to your Support or Success team member for more information.
There will still be ongoing improvements to the new UI.
With some of the upcoming changes you’ll be able to:
- Cancel and rerun a workflow from the pipelines page
- Access the cross-project view from the breadcrumbs
- See a better summary of the failed tests on the Test tab
- Close all opened pipelines on the pipelines page with the click of a button
Keep sending us your feedback and requests.
Every voice is a data point for us on what to prioritize next. We’ll continue to ship as many solutions to your problems as we can.
Thank you in advance,
CircleCI Senior Product Manager