Switching notification channel based on workflow/job failed/fixed?

Our development team follows the git-flow in our development.
Reference: https://nvie.com/posts/a-successful-git-branching-model/

In such case, the build failure for topic branch is not so much of a problem, where as several failures, for example build failures against develop/master branch, are of great concern.

So, I thought it would be great if we could switch the circleci slack notification based on which branch the job is built against. Moreover, if I could switch notification channel based on the workflow/job being run, then I could prepare dedicated workflow/job against the develop/master build so that the desired notification switch can be achieved.

Question

• Is it possible to switch slack notification channel based on which workflow/job being run?
    • If not, is there any method to achieve prioritized notification on builds for several branches, so that when those builds failed, we can get notified for sure?

Hi @Yuki-Inoue, I believe you can use our Slack orb for this purpose:

In the Help section of the README, you can repeat steps 3-5 as many times as you’d like to add multiple, channel-specific webhooks to your Slack app. You can then call the orb’s notify command in as many jobs/workflows as you’d like, passing it different values for the webhook parameter depending on which channel you’d like to notify.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.