On April 29, Bitbucket will be making changes to their API, specifically deprecating some endpoints that will affect CircleCI’s access to Bitbucket organization usernames.
Our team has been working to prepare for this change, and our goal is to minimize its impact on our customers who use Bitbucket. However, there is a possibility that users will notice some results of this change, and we want them to be prepared for them.
If you are a Bitbucket user, here is what you should know:
- We are aware that some parts of the UI may look broken. However, core functionality should still be intact.
- It is likely that new CircleCI users trying to add projects from Bitbucket will experience more errors than existing users.
- Any issues will be temporary. We can’t foresee every issue, so once the API change happens on the 29th April 2019, we will be working to quickly to resolve any unforeseen bugs.
- We’ve taken steps to ensure that critical paths are protected as much as possible. Bitbucket users should still be able to access all functionality, such as logging in, signing up, and triggering and running jobs.
- In certain cases, jobs may fail. We hope this doesn’t happen, but if it does, let us know.
Lastly, we expect that some other tools that you rely on within the Bitbucket ecosystem may be facing similar issues, so please be patient with them as well.
If you run into any issues or see anything that looks “off,” please let us know. You can submit a support ticket here.
Thank you for your understanding,
The CircleCI Team