Finish a workflow but still be able to fire a "type: approval" job

Hi there.

I have a workflow that runs 3 jobs in parallel. If those jobs succeed I have a “type: approval” job that “requires” the previous three jobs and fires a build.

I do not want to make builds every time so all my jobs end up like “on_hold” but I would like to see a green there and still have the chance to fire a build in the future.

I couldn’t find a way to do this in the documentation. Is this possible?

If not the only solutions I have is to have different branch to create builds and filter the steps by branch?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @andresinaka and welcome to our developer’s forum!

I do not want to make builds every time so all my jobs end up like “on_hold” but I would like to see a green there and still have the chance to fire a build in the future.

Does this mean that you would like your “on_hold” job to be marked as successful, without continuing the workflow?

Can you share a link of your workflow, just to help us visualize what you’d like to have happen? This is simply the URL when you are looking at the workflow map.

Thank you!

Hi @annapamela! Thanks for answering!

Yes, I would like the “on_hold” to be marked as successful.

If at some point I trigger the type: approval job to continue and it fails then I want it to be marked as failed.

I’m attaching here how my workflow looks:

(I’m not attaching the URL because this is public right?!)

1 Like

This is a long time requested featured. It’s also in the “ideas” board with around ~35 votes if I recall correctly.

2 Likes

Any updates here? This topic comes up very often in a lot of flavours

Any update on this ?