Debug with SSH has stopped working in BitBucket

Providing an update. BitBucket has made some changes to their API to tighten security. We are working with them to determine what is needed for CircleCI to be able to interact with those endpoints again.

2 Likes

Bumped into this issue again - could do with SSH access. Am trying to work around it, butā€¦ :grin:

This is still being working on. I donā€™t have an update to share yet besides the one above.

1 Like

No worries Joe - a 15 commit commit-push-wait-retry marathon has identified the issue!

1 Like

This has been going on for a month. What is the ETA on a fix? Or should we start looking for other options besides CircleCI?

I honestly donā€™t think grumpy or hostile messages are going to help obtain a fix any faster, lbornov2. Iā€™d like a fix too, but itā€™s not like anyone broke it deliberately.

FWIW, my original post may have been a different problem, since it worked after a change was rolled back.

1 Like

Right now a fix is waiting on one of two things:

• BitBucket changes their API again
  • We change the way SSH rebuild works with BitBucket

We have a couple of possible resolution options, but we are in communication with Atlassian to try and solve this in a way that is smoothest to all parties. If we are unable to regain access to the API endpoint, possible other solutions would require the customers having to generate app passwords or separate keys in other to gain access. They would result in more work for you and is something we would prefer to avoid.

To @halferā€™s point, this was a reused thread and has not been going on as long as the first post. We understand the frustration, and we providing updates as regularly as makes sense. Thank you for your patience.

It would not be better to introduce ssh section on user profile and use that key. In most of the scenarios we donā€™t even generate a new ssh key by use the same we use for github or bitbucker and will be independent from any platform changes in the future. And as a bonus you can import existing ssh keys from github

It is obviously convenient to use the same key as the Git host. However, if a temporary workaround involves adding a new key, then so be it. Creating a new key takes a few minutes, but not having the SSH facility can cost a few hours. I know which I prefer. :grin:

I have an update. After reviewing with their security team, BitBucket has decided there are no issues with letting us access the keys again. While I donā€™t have a timeline, once they change things back this feature should start working again with no need for changes on your side.

Iā€™ll update again once I know itā€™s working.

4 Likes

Any update? Itā€™s preventing me from troubleshooting. :pensive:

1 Like

I wish. Fingers crossed, soon.

1 Like

Thanks for the update. Maybe Iā€™ll look into moving us to GitHub in the meantime! :roll_eyes:

is there any update about this ? I need to debug an error running with iOS but cant read the log because I canā€™t ssh using BB. Do we have a workaround to solve this ?

1 Like

Thanks for the response. But this workaround I canā€™t do.

Hi @rmjsantos. I donā€™y have a workaround, unfortunately. We are waiting on Atlasssian to change the API endpoint back.

Edited to Add: This has just been escalated again with them.

1 Like

Sorry but this was my response. So yeah I gave the details. I canā€™t move the repo to GitHub. :smiley: Thanks @drazisil. Iā€™ll keep watching here.

1 Like

Please lets be nice folks. This is causing a lot of inconvenience and stress to all involved.

1 Like

Actually, @rmjsantos, You mentioned IOS, which I missed.

If you are using Fastlane , and set

environment:
      FL_OUTPUT_DIR: output
      FASTLANE_LANE: test

The xcode and Fastlane logs should output to that directoryand you can upload as artifacts and view that way. Itā€™s mentioned here https://circleci.com/docs/2.0/ios-codesigning/#setting-up-fastlane-match but we keep forgetting to explain why we say to do that in the example config.

1 Like

Thanks @drazisil. Iā€™ll try that.