When is Xcode 10.2 support coming up?

When is Xcode 10.2 beta support coming up? It’s out for more than a week now.

2 Likes

What feature are you looking for, in particular?

Timely VM image updates.

1 Like

Ah, so using the latest for the sake of it, rather than because the current stable does not do something you want? Fair enough. I don’t know what Circle’s policy of tracking betas is.

Well it’s not just for the sake of of it. We have a large codebase and this is the first release of Swift 5 so I wanna make sure everything keeps being green.

Also, I feel like image release cycles were shorter when Dani was on the team.

I’ll checked on this internally, and have more details below, but if you ever find yourself in need of a recent xcode version, I encourage you to open a support ticket to make sure we can route it to the correct team in a timely manner.

What's different about 10.2?

Xcode 10.2 requires a Mac running macOS 10.14 or later which has some impacts on our underlying virtualization filesystem to support APFS, so it’s not been as straight-forward as previous xcode releases.

But the effort is already underway and barring unforeseen issues we’ll have 10.2 out in short order.

1 Like

Thanks for the detailed response!

Generally speaking, is there a policy on new version support timelines?

We have the Image release schedule (including XCode) documented here https://circleci.com/blog/build-image-update-schedule/

Does this include beta images? During the summer, they are critical for us to adopt new features that were announced at WWDC.

Hi Igor, thanks for posting this question. I’m the product manager on the team that manages the Xcode updates.

We do our best to keep up with beta releases. Xcode 10.2 beta (and beta 2) requires macOS 10.14, and we are making a set of infrastructure changes that are required to be able to support macOS 10.14 effectively. We will ship the Xcode 10.2 beta (or the newest beta image at the time) as soon as we are done with those infrastructure changes.

I’ll provide further updates here as we make progress on this. Thanks a lot for your patience.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi all, the Xcode 10.2 beta 3 image is now available on CircleCI. Thanks again for your patience. You can find the details here:

1 Like

Xcode 10.2 is now available, please find the details in this post: