Webpage view of a single pipeline?

Is there a webpage I can use to view a single pipeline?

I see there is:
A webpage to view all pipelines: https://app.circleci.com/pipelines/:project_slug
A webpage to view each of the workflows within a pipeline: https://app.circleci.com/pipelines/:project_slug/:pipeline_number/workflows/:workflow_id

But there is no webpage to view a single pipeline which would show all the workflows in that pipeline, such as:
/pipelines/:project_slug/:pipeline_number
or
/pipelines/:project_slug/:pipeline_id

When I kick off a pipeline via the API, I get back the following information:

• (pipeline) number
  • (pipeline) state
  • (pipeline) id
  • (pipeline) created_at

However, I cannot use this information to give my users a url on which they can see the ongoing details of that specific pipeline run, the best I could in theory do is use the API to find the workflow IDs of all that pipelineā€™s workflows, and give them the url to one (maybe the first?) one of those, which is not the entity my API call has created, and would not show the full effect of the pipeline to my user.

Otherwise, the only other thing I can do in this case is to send my users to the ā€œall pipelinesā€ url and tell them which number is theirs, which could involve them scrolling through pages of pipeline runs to find their own one.

2 Likes

Hi @steverabino, welcome to the CircleCI community!

At this time, we do not have a webpage to view a single pipeline. However, Iā€™ve relayed this use-case to our UI team as a data point.

In the meantime, you can view all workflows for a specific pipeline by using the v2 API:

1. GET /project/{project-slug}/pipeline/{pipeline-number} to get a pipeline based on the pipeline number.
  2. GET /pipeline/{pipeline-id}/workflow to get a pipelineā€™s workflows based on the pipeline id found in the endpoint in step 1.

Because parsing pipeline details can be a bit cumbersome in the UI, you might want to consider storing pipeline variables such as the pipeline.id or pipeline.number as an artifact or external file to have this information more readily accessible.

Let us know how this works for you!