Ubuntu Trusty doesn't have pdo_pgsql

php
postgresql
trusty

Hello,

To be able to use PostgreSQL 9.5, I followed the following topic: Request: Postgres 9.5
So I switched my default container to the Trusty container, but then I had a few issues with my PHP dependencies.
I had to follow Ubuntu Trusty has no PECL support under PHP7 to be able to get pecl back and install apcu.
But pdo_pgsql is still missing, and I never had to install it manually before.
On Trusty, PHP seems to have been compiler with the following options:
'./configure' '--with-config-file-path=/opt/circleci/php/7.0.3/etc' '--with-config-file-scan-dir=/opt/circleci/php/7.0.3/etc/conf.d' '--prefix=/opt/circleci/php/7.0.3' '--libexecdir=/opt/circleci/php/7.0.3/libexec' '--with-gd' '--enable-sockets' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--enable-exif' '--enable-zip' '--with-zlib' '--with-zlib-dir=/usr' '--with-kerberos' '--with-openssl' '--with-mcrypt=/usr' '--enable-soap' '--enable-xmlreader' '--with-xsl' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-cgi' '--with-curl=/usr' '--with-tidy' '--with-xmlrpc' '--enable-sysvsem' '--enable-sysvshm' '--enable-shmop' '--with-mysql=mysqlnd' '--with-mysqli=mysqlnd' '--with-pdo-mysql=mysqlnd' '--with-pdo-sqlite' '--enable-pcntl' '--with-readline' '--enable-mbstring' '--disable-debug' '--enable-fpm' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-intl' '--with-apxs2=/usr/bin/apxs2' '--with-libdir=lib64'

Could you reuse the same options as the previous container?

Thank you

@kimh Is it possible to add the option to have pdo_pgsql?

Thank you.

@MiLk Yes, I can do that and sorry for missing the compile option. I’ll reviewing these compile options and rebuild all versions.

I’lll let you know once I rebuild with pdo_pgsql.

I’m new to Circle and still learning the ropes as I work to get a CakePHP project working and I think I may be running into a similar/related issue.

my phpunit call is failing and the output I see in the web interface is…

phpunit
PHPUnit 5.3.4 by Sebastian Bergmann and contributors.

Exception: Unable to insert fixtures for "App\Test\TestCase\Controller\DepartmentsControllerTest" test case. SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory in [/home/ubuntu/PROJECT-NAME/vendor/cakephp/cakephp/src/TestSuite/Fixture/FixtureManager.php, line 342]
PHPUnit 5.3.4 by Sebastian Bergmann and contributors.

When I ssh in and run it manually I get the same issue. Trying to run CakePHP’s bake tool–which connects to the database–provides more detail:

$ ./bin/cake bake model

Welcome to CakePHP v3.2.9 Console
---------------------------------------------------------------
App : src
Path: /home/ubuntu/PROJECT-NAME/src/
PHP : 5.6.17
---------------------------------------------------------------
Choose a model to bake from the following:
Exception: Database driver Cake\Database\Driver\Postgres cannot be used due to a missing PHP extension or unmet dependency in [/home/ubuntu/PROJECT-NAME/vendor/cakephp/cakephp/src/Database/Connection.php, line 169]
2016-05-19 18:21:34 Error: [Cake\Database\Exception\MissingExtensionException] Database driver Cake\Database\Driver\Postgres cannot be used due to a missing PHP extension or unmet dependency
Exception Attributes: array (
  'driver' => 'Cake\\Database\\Driver\\Postgres',
)
Stack Trace:
#0 /home/ubuntu/PROJECT-NAME/vendor/cakephp/cakephp/src/Database/Connection.php(108): Cake\Database\Connection->driver('Cake\\Database\\D...', Array)
#1 /home/ubuntu/PROJECT-NAME/vendor/cakephp/cakephp/src/Datasource/ConnectionRegistry.php(87): Cake\Database\Connection->__construct(Array)
#2 /home/ubuntu/PROJECT-NAME/vendor/cakephp/cakephp/src/Core/ObjectRegistry.php(93): Cake\Datasource\ConnectionRegistry->_create('Cake\\Database\\C...', 'default', Array)
#3 /home/ubuntu/PROJECT-NAME/vendor/cakephp/cakephp/src/Datasource/ConnectionManager.php(202): Cake\Core\ObjectRegistry->load('default', Array)
#4 /home/ubuntu/PROJECT-NAME/vendor/cakephp/bake/src/Shell/Task/ModelTask.php(913): Cake\Datasource\ConnectionManager::get('default')
#5 /home/ubuntu/PROJECT-NAME/vendor/cakephp/bake/src/Shell/Task/ModelTask.php(875): Bake\Shell\Task\ModelTask->_getAllTables()
#6 /home/ubuntu/PROJECT-NAME/vendor/cakephp/bake/src/Shell/Task/ModelTask.php(889): Bake\Shell\Task\ModelTask->listAll()
#7 /home/ubuntu/PROJECT-NAME/vendor/cakephp/bake/src/Shell/Task/ModelTask.php(90): Bake\Shell\Task\ModelTask->listUnskipped()
#8 [internal function]: Bake\Shell\Task\ModelTask->main()
#9 /home/ubuntu/PROJECT-NAME/vendor/cakephp/cakephp/src/Console/Shell.php(456): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#10 /home/ubuntu/PROJECT-NAME/vendor/cakephp/cakephp/src/Console/Shell.php(450): Cake\Console\Shell->runCommand(Array, false)
#11 /home/ubuntu/PROJECT-NAME/vendor/cakephp/cakephp/src/Console/ShellDispatcher.php(217): Cake\Console\Shell->runCommand(Array, true, Array)
#12 /home/ubuntu/PROJECT-NAME/vendor/cakephp/cakephp/src/Console/ShellDispatcher.php(181): Cake\Console\ShellDispatcher->_dispatch(Array)
#13 /home/ubuntu/PROJECT-NAME/vendor/cakephp/cakephp/src/Console/ShellDispatcher.php(127): Cake\Console\ShellDispatcher->dispatch(Array)
#14 /home/ubuntu/PROJECT-NAME/bin/cake.php(33): Cake\Console\ShellDispatcher::run(Array)
#15 {main}

From what I’ve read, my guess is that I’m running into the same issue (lack of pdo_pgsql), but I’d appreciate any guidance on what the issue is.

I guess it’s the same issue and the driver for PostgreSQL is missing.

I checked the options on the previous image and the following options are missing:
'--with-gmp' '--with-pdo-pgsql' '--with-ldap' '--enable-calendar' '--with-bz2' '--with-exif' '--with-gettext' '--enable-phar' '--with-pear'

I just rebuilt all php for our Trusty build image. I think I rebuilt with the same configure options used for Precise php. You can install the latest version by putting the following in the circle.yml.

machine:
  pre:
    - curl -s https://packagecloud.io/install/repositories/circleci/trusty/script.deb.sh | sudo bash
    - sudo apt-get install circleci-php-7.0.4

php:
    version: 7.0.4

Please replace the version with your own. If this works, I’ll ship a new build image that preinstalls php so that you don’t have to manually install at every build.

My build is successful with the following config:
machine:
pre:
- curl -s https://packagecloud.io/install/repositories/circleci/trusty/script.deb.sh | sudo bash
- sudo apt-get install circleci-php-7.0.4
php:
version: 7.0.4
services:
- postgresql
dependencies:
pre:
- sudo /opt/circleci/php/7.0.4/bin/pear config-set php_ini /opt/circleci/php/7.0.4/etc/php.ini
- sudo /opt/circleci/php/7.0.4/bin/pecl config-set php_ini /opt/circleci/php/7.0.4/etc/php.ini
- yes ‘’ | sudo /opt/circleci/php/7.0.4/bin/pecl install apcu-5.1.3
override:
- make deps
- sudo cp -v /etc/postgresql/9.{4,5}/main/pg_hba.conf && sudo service postgresql restart 9.5

Thank you!

Awesome! Then, I’ll preinstall the version in the build image very soon.

Hi, I just shipped the new build image. Now you don’t have to install PHP manually to get the configure options. Please let me know if you see any problems.

It works perfectly.

Thank you!