Startup order in a multi-image job

We need to start several docker images in a prescribed order to have our system ready for api tests. We can do this with docker-compose depends_on option, but curious if this is possible directly in Circle config? Thanks.

1 Like

You would use Docker Compose as you would locally.

1 Like

When I use docker-compose after 'setup_remote_docker" the remote docker is in a separate network space. I was able to create an ssh tunnel for the port that we need, but that seems like hack. Is there a way to force a shared network for the remote docker? Thanks.

1 Like

I would not use the Docker executor at all which means you don’t use setup_remote_docker. Instead, you would use the Linux machine image which would have Docker and Docker Compose run natively and locally. Docs

Unfortunately this would mean that we will have to install the dependencies on every build. We are looking at possibly separating the build and test steps and run the tests, dockerize the steps and run inside the docker-compose context. I’ll propose that network topology be configurable for setup_remote_docker. Thanks for your help.