.ssh folder stripped from deployed source

Hi,

In our source root, there is a folder named .ssh. This folder contains some (public) keys we need in our project.
Our code gets pushed to AWS CodeDeploy by CirlceCI.

For some reason, the zip file containing the source, that CirclCI uploaded to AWS S3 does not contain the .ssh folder anymore.

We have observed this behavior in two of our three projects.

I’ve searched through the documentation, I can find nothing that suggests this is intended behaviour. As a result, I reached the conclusion that this is a bug.

It would be great is somebody could confirm this is, indeed, a bug.

How are you uploading to S3? Is it an artifact?

How is the .zip file being created?

Our circle.yml file is relatively simple:

machine:
  timezone:
    Europe/Amsterdam
  php:
    version: 7.0.20

general:
  branches:
    only:
      - master

database:
    - mysql -u ubuntu -e "CREATE DATABASE testmaster"
    - mysql -u ubuntu -e "SET PASSWORD FOR 'ubuntu'@'localhost' = PASSWORD('***************')"

deployment:
  master:
    branch: master
    codedeploy:
      Project-Website:
        application_root: /
        revision_location:
          revision_type: S3
          s3_location:
            bucket: codepipeline-eu-west-1-256239838791
            key_pattern: Project-Website/Website-Source.zip
        region: eu-west-1
        deployment_group: Project-Website-Staging
        deployment_config: CodeDeployDefault.OneAtATime

I’m not entirely sure what configuration triggers the creation of the .zip file. The most relevant reference seems to be in the step ‘Create new revision of Project-Website’ in the ‘build details’ page:

(...)
Uploaded Project-Website bundle to S3: {u'revisionType': u'S3', u's3Location': {'bundleType': 'zip', 'eTag': '********************************', u'bucket': u'******[bucket name]*****', 'version': '********************************', u'key': u'Project-Website/Website-Source.zip'}}
Registering new revision of Project-Website from {u'revisionType': u'S3', u's3Location': {'bundleType': 'zip', 'eTag': '********************************', u'bucket': u'******[bucket name]*****', 'version': ''********************************',', u'key': u'Project-Website/Website-Source.zip'}}
(...)