How to get timings from jasmine/protractor

I’m trying to use split-by-timings but not sure what is entirely required based on the documentation.
I’m using the jasmine library jasmine-reporters. By default, it is creating an xml document with filename of junitresults-CLASSNAMESPACESREMOVED.xml
example file:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> <testsuites disabled="0" errors="0" failures="0" tests="2" time="3.07"> <testsuite name="CLASSNAME" timestamp="2019-12-20T00:31:39" hostname="localhost" time="3.07" errors="0" tests="2" skipped="0" disabled="0" failures="0"> <testcase classname="CLASSNAME" name=" - Send request for account lock instructions" time="2.118" /> <testcase classname="CLASSNAME" name=" - Fail to send request for account lock instructions" time="0.949" /> </testsuite> </testsuites>

in my config.yml, I’ve set up to determine timings by classname, but I’m not even sure how it uses that based on the documentation:
circleci tests split --split-by=timings --timings-type=classname

I’ve included the store test results step in my config and it appears to work with no error. However with subsequent runs, no timings are found.

My conclusion based on output is that it might have something to do with how I’m globbing test files based on a filepath and not just the filename, but I’m not really sure if that is the case as I’m inclear with what circle ci needs exactly.

No timing found for “RELATIVEPATH/TESTFILE”
CircleCI received exit code 0

I don’t really know what the issue is based on the current documentation.

The test results feature requires a valid Junit Style XML file. It is possible that the output of your program does not conform to this schema.

I wrote a validation tool that you can try here: https://github.com/levlaz/circleci-test-results-validator – can you run this to make sure there are no errors?

it is a hard sell for me to run the script since it requires a circle ci token, but looking at your code and this blog post: https://circleci.com/blog/how-to-output-junit-tests-through-circleci-2-0-for-expanded-insights/

It seems like the issue might be that the xml provided by jasmine-reporters doesn’t include the parameter file for each