Getting all seats taken error, but have 3 seats and only 3 users, jobs will not run

This new billing system is a pain to use. I wish we could roll back to the old one, was so much easier.

So my account has 3 seats, and in the users section, it shows 3 users. (No obviously way to remove or add users).

When 1 of my users tries to do an update in Github, CircleCI receives it, but won’t run it saying:

This job has been blocked because no user seats are available on your plan. Please purchase more user seats to continue building.

So I’m stuck, no point in buying another seat as I don’t need it. No way to remove and try to re-add a user.

Anyone else run into this and been able to resolve it?

Anyone had any luck in getting CircleCI to let them go back to the old plans that worked and were less hassle? I’ve asked a couple times already and keep getting the stone wall of “not available”. I’d happily pay the extra $20 a month to get them back. Saving $20 is not worth all the pain and headaches this new plan has caused over the last few months.

This issue is back again for some reason, even through we don’t have any more users, or changes to the users. @circleci - could you please help us out with a permanent fix to this issue.

I have the same problem. Based on your billing period the amount of Seats clears and the first 3 people sit in those seats. This was there reply:

"We do not have the ability to designate specific user access to a seat. The first three users who push will automatically occupy the seats. Additional user seats can be added to the plan at any point during the billing period through the UI: CircleCI. The cost will be prorated for the time remaining in the billing period.

Also, your user seats will refresh on At that point, all three seats will become available again."

I messaged their support - they said they found a bug and have now fixed the issues.

I do agree the seat system and how it is implemented currently is really poor. The who credit/seat etc thing is really poor. I wish they would just bring back their old system, I really regret changing to the new one. Costs more on average and is super frustrating.