Error exit code 100

Hey guys – I ran into the code error - code 100 - below while doing my build. Any help please?

RUN apt-get update && apt-get install -y libpq-dev libmcrypt-dev curl && docker-php-ext-install -j$(nproc) mcrypt && docker-php-ext-install -j$(nproc) pdo && docker-php-ext-install -j$(nproc) pdo_pgsql && docker-php-ext-install -j$(nproc) pdo_mysql && docker-php-ext-install mbstring
—> Running in 1ea263a0df1c

W: Failed to fetch http://deb.debian.org/debian/dists/jessie-updates/InRelease Unable to find expected entry ‘main/binary-amd64/Packages’ in Release file (Wrong sources.list entry or malformed file)

E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
Fetched 10.1 MB in 4s (2140 kB/s)

The command ‘/bin/sh -c apt-get update && apt-get install -y libpq-dev libmcrypt-dev curl && docker-php-ext-install -j$(nproc) mcrypt && docker-php-ext-install -j$(nproc) pdo && docker-php-ext-install -j$(nproc) pdo_pgsql && docker-php-ext-install -j$(nproc) pdo_mysql && docker-php-ext-install mbstring’ returned a non-zero code: 100
Exited with code 100

1 Like

This has been covered a few times in the forum before. You’re building a Docker image with an upstream dependency on Debian Jessie, which has been archived by Debian. (Someone suggested here that it was still in support, so should not have been archived, but either way it is not the current stable).

Are you able to move to a parent image based on Debian Stretch?

1 Like

Got it, thanks. That should be possible!

1 Like

Great stuff. I imagine that it might be possible to get Jessie to work, but my attempts were fruitless - I modified the repo URLs and then got different package errors. Other folks here have had the same experience.

I needed a (legacy) PHP 5.4 image, so I used the latest Ubuntu LTS and compiled from source. While it might have been quicker to figure out the Jessie issue, that could also have been a massive timesink, so I think it was the correct decision to rebuild on something stable.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.