Our team has been busy incorporating customer feedback into our new dynamic config feature and today, we’re announcing that dynamic config via setup workflows is available to all CircleCI customers.
We know that you’ve been looking for ways to add more flexibility to your pipelines so you can run exactly what you want. This challenge has been particularly acute for users who have more unique build processes, including customers who use monorepos or specialized development tools like Bazel.
Now, a setup workflow can be used to “set up” a pipeline, running jobs that can generate config, combine existing config files, and set pipeline parameters. We expect this to solve a wide variety of problems, including:
- Setting pipeline parameters based on git changes, enabling workflows or steps to be filtered in or out.
- Combining multiple config files to enable easier management and reading of larger config files.
- Using build tools, like Bazel, to do dependency analysis and helping to define which parts of a project need to be built.
We expect customers to find many unique ways to use dynamic config to solve problems and we plan to release orbs that address these use cases.
- For more information on how to use dynamic config, check out our documentation.
- If you have any questions, please contact our support team or leave a reply below.
- For feature requests or to tell us about your use cases, please visit our ideas portal and submit questions under “Dynamic Config” on our Cloud Feature Requests board.