Duplicate logs all across circleci logs

Hi,

For an unknown reason our circleci console shows almost all log messages twice, e.g in phase “Start container”:

Starting node
Starting node
Enabling sudo
Enabling sudo

Most of our logs are twice longer due to this, and it makes me wonder if it can relate to test stability issues we’re been having these last days (we are working on properly isolating some tests).

Is this a known issue, is there a fix?

Thanks in advance, Sébastien

I should precise that parallelisation is disabled. The project has been open-sourced just a few days ago, so now parallelisation shows as: “Parallelism: 1x out of 4x”.

Can you share the build URL?

Well, the duplication has disappeared, even in the builds which used to have them!
E.g I noted on April 5th at 5.00 PM GMT+3 (in Slack conversation with colleague) that the following build:
https://circleci.com/gh/OpenCollective/website/684

had logs such as:

> opencollective-website@0.1.57 build /home/ubuntu/website
> gulp build && npm run build:js

[14:00:21] Using gulpfile ~/website/Gulpfile.js
[14:00:22] Starting 'build:assets'...
[14:00:22] Starting 'build:css'...

And now I went back to that same page and see:

> opencollective-website@0.1.57 build /home/ubuntu/website

[14:00:21] Using gulpfile ~/website/Gulpfile.js

It’s interesting to note that only some lines were duplicated (maybe e.g those originating from spawned processes?).

Another example I had noted was https://circleci.com/gh/OpenCollective/website/694 where on April 5th at 8.37 PM GMT+3 there was:

Running:  Expenses list
 ✔ checking reset API didn't return error
 ✔ Element <body> was visible after 45 milliseconds.

But now going back to that web page it shows:

@sdubois, the same issue sometimes happen in my builds, but I think it isn’t the real output being duplicated, just a “presentation” problem (maybe javascript related). When it occurs, I fully reload the page without cache (CTRL + F5 by instance) and the issue is gone.

You are correct, this is a known bug but it is just a presentation problem the actual tests are not run twice. As you mentioned refreshing the page does fix this. We are workign on a long term fix. Thanks!

Any updates on this? I am still seeing it as of tonight, in fact, at one point I was getting every message 6 times!

Bumping the thread; seeing this all over. Can it be related to parallelism? I’ve set x2 parallelism but nothing actually utilizes that (it’s really set up to make CI sequential)