Cucumber Test Results Format Deprecation

Starting November 20th, all projects using the Cucumber test runner must store test results using the junit format. CircleCI will not support any projects that use Cucumber’s native JSON format. If you do not update your config by Nov. 20th, your test results will not upload to CircleCI.

Update your code according to the example below:

Before update:

steps:
      - run:
          name: Save test results
          command: |
            mkdir -p ~/cucumber
            bundle exec cucumber --format pretty --format json --out ~/cucumber/tests.cucumber
          when: always
      - store_test_results:
          path: ~/cucumber

After update:

steps:
      - run:
          name: Save test results
          command: |
            mkdir -p ~/cucumber
            bundle exec cucumber --format junit --out ~/cucumber/junit.xml
          when: always
      - store_test_results:
          path: ~/cucumber

CircleCI will be emailing users who are currently using the Cucumber test results format to notify them of this change in behavior. Comment below if you have any questions

Need to give us more time. The problem is that for cucumber-js users, there is no way to use JUnit formatter at this stage. See this PR feat: add junit formatter by ricalbuquerque · Pull Request #2121 · cucumber/cucumber-js · GitHub

Thanks!

@tim-yao Does this custom formatter happen to work for you all? cucumber-junit - npm

I have tested both cucumber-junit - npm and cucumber-junit-formatter - npm . Unfortunately, none of them work for the latest cucumber-js.
They were out of maintenance, last release were 5 and 3 years ago.

I found this one working for me:

I may use it for now until the official support released.

1 Like

Glad to hear you found one that works. If for whatever reason that does not work for your needs, can you please submit a support ticket at support.circleci.com so that I can escalate to the appropriate channels given the Nov 20 removal of support?

1 Like

:wave: We just released a new version of cucumber-js that includes a built-in junit formatter

3 Likes

To close the loop on this deprecation, Cucumber’s native JSON format is now no longer supported on CircleCI.