Bundler: command not found

using circleci/android:api-27-node8-alpha I have a run: bundler install which gives bundler: command not found. But if I SSH into the machine I can run bundler install (in the project folder) and it works as expected.

any ideas ?

Sounds like a PATH issue. In SSH, do a which bundler and then use the fully-qualified path it gives you in your configuration.

indeed. From a- run: echo $PATH I get /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/games:/usr/games while from a ssh I get
circleci@0b6fa7d15bc4:~$ echo $PATH /opt/android/sdk/emulator:/opt/android/sdk/tools:/opt/android/sdk/tools/bin:/opt/android/sdk/platform-tools:/home/circleci/.rubies/ruby-2.4.3/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin

why the difference ?

I would guess it’s that SSH goes through a .bash_profile that sets up extra paths - this is pretty normal for Linux. I don’t know if it is normal for CI though :smiley_cat:

Can we see a config snippet? Or DM me the build? Just ran a test build with that image and it worked: https://circleci.com/gh/felicianotech/cci-testing-pub/669

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.