Apt-Get Outage is back

Started getting this on Enterprise Edition about an hour ago:

100% [Packages 7,589 kB]100% [Packages 7,589 kB]Fetched 3,459 kB in 5s (586 kB/s)
W: Size of file /var/lib/apt/lists/archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_trusty-updates_restricted_binary-amd64_Packages.gz is not what the server reported 21099 21216
W: Size of file /var/lib/apt/lists/archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_trusty-updates_multiverse_binary-amd64_Packages.gz is not what the server reported 15541 15575
W: Size of file /var/lib/apt/lists/security.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_trusty-security_restricted_binary-amd64_Packages.gz is not what the server reported 17782 17859
W: Size of file /var/lib/apt/lists/security.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_trusty-security_multiverse_binary-amd64_Packages.gz is not what the server reported 3999 4015
W: Size of file /var/lib/apt/lists/ppa.launchpad.net_openjdk-r_ppa_ubuntu_dists_trusty_main_binary-amd64_Packages.gz is not what the server reported 4396 7564
W: Size of file /var/lib/apt/lists/dl.google.com_linux_chrome_deb_dists_stable_main_binary-amd64_Packages.gz is not what the server reported 1133 1140
W: Failed to fetch https://packagecloud.io/basho/riak/ubuntu/dists/trusty/main/source/Sources HttpError401

W: Failed to fetch https://packagecloud.io/basho/riak/ubuntu/dists/trusty/main/binary-amd64/Packages HttpError401

E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

sudo apt-get update returned exit code 100

Action failed: sudo apt-get update

Actually, this issue started at the same time as everyone else, but didn’t go away when you claimed it was fixed. Still getting the errors as of 5 minutes ago.

Bueller…Bueller

Circle has been down for us for almost 24 hours with no responses here or to the support ticket we opened yesterday. Great customer service y’all got going on there.

I have something similar, but I am not sure it is the same problem. Are you building an Docker image?

I have early layers which are cached, and a new apt-get install fails because the file it is trying to fetch has been superceded, and the apt-get update data is residing in an earlier cached layer than needs to be zapped. I find a rebuild without cache (in the Builds section of the app) fixes it temporarily. Maybe that would be a workaround for you?

My ongoing problem is that if I trigger an ordinary job (e.g. on push) then the stale cache will be used again. I will probably put another apt-get update in, or will see if there is a way of blatting my cache permanently.

I mean this kindly, but my experience is that goading folks into helpfulness is rarely a good strategy. I guess you work in product-building as well, and you’ll know how hard it is to satisfy all stake-holders all the time.