Apt-get update broken

2 hours ago we started getting this errors:

W: Size of file /var/lib/apt/lists/security.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_trusty-security_restricted_binary-amd64_Packages.gz is not what the server reported 17042 20228
W: Size of file /var/lib/apt/lists/security.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_trusty-security_multiverse_binary-amd64_Packages.gz is not what the server reported 4015 5082
W: Size of file /var/lib/apt/lists/archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_trusty-updates_restricted_binary-amd64_Packages.gz is not what the server reported 20387 23469
W: Size of file /var/lib/apt/lists/archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_trusty-updates_multiverse_binary-amd64_Packages.gz is not what the server reported 15230 16382
W: Failed to fetch https://apt.dockerproject.org/repo/dists/ubuntu-trusty/main/binary-amd64/Packages  gnutls_handshake() failed: Handshake failed

E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

1st part is that package sizes are broken
2nd part, critical one is “gnutls_handshake() failed: Handshake failed”

When I try it from my laptop, it works …

1 Like

Can confirm, this is affecting us as well.

Thanks for reporting this. It looks like a temporary issue with our ability to contact some external repos.

If you continue to see this behaviour please let us know.

This issue has been confirmed as an issue with the Docker APT repository. A fix is being deployed upstream so it should be resolved in the next few hours.

Is this still an issue? I’ve been getting a similar error since yesterday, but I’m not sure if it’s related:

fatal: [localhost]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "failed": true, "msg": "Could not fetch updated apt files"}

The original issues is resolved. We’d need to see some more details about the error you’re seeing. Please contact support directly to open a ticket.