We are currently planning the creation of an offical “Git-Tools” orb and would love input from the community on what kind of tasks this orb could help you accomplish.
Currently, we are exploring a few potential features:
- An ENV var is set for the VCS type so that internal scripts can determine what to run per provider.
- A “PR Comment” command that can automatically log information to the active PR the commit belongs to.
- The ability to submit a commit at the end of a job with [ci_skip] included.
- The ability to submit a commit with a Tag.
- Automatially run git config.
- Populate the
CIRCLE_PR_NUMBERenv var, not just for forks.
- Open a pull request between any two branches.
We’d love your feedback on the list above, any new ideas you have or just git related problems you need solving.