Xcode 8.3 build timing out

I have a project where the build was working fine under Xcode 8.2. All I did was change the Xcode version from 8.2 to 8.3, but I have yet to a build to work. It works on my local machine (I’m sure you’ve heard that before), but times out on circle.

The last output was:

/bin/sh -c /Users/distiller/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/C2SMobile-cafxeavfywacusckgatymotuvutl/Build/Intermediates/ArchiveIntermediates/C2SMobile/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/C2SMobile.build/Release-iphoneos/C2SMobile.build/Script-4C0A2BB41D00FDA900DDACDE.sh

command chruby system && ./Scripts/build.sh took more than 900 seconds since last output

The build.sh file looks like:

set -o pipefail && xcodebuild archive
-archivePath {ARCHIVE_PATH} \ -project {APP_NAME}.xcodeproj
-scheme ${APP_NAME}
-sdk iphoneos
-configuration Release

Anyone else seeing Xcode 8.3 builds failing?

Yes, seeing similar, our builds are hanging codesigning dynamic frameworks. Have sent a support request.

I’m having a similar issue. My builds are timing out while trying to code sign the app. While it’s working properly on my local machine, it isn’t working on Circle. I’ve tried to follow instructions in the doc regarding time outs during code signing but it didn’t fix the issue.

I’m using Fastlane and this happens during Gym action.

Hi there,

Please update this thread when you get a reply from Support for your request. It will be appreciated.

Thanks

+1 My build is also timing out when code signing frameworks

Thought I was going crazy. Going back to 8.2 is working.

Are you using fastlane match? I pray for it to work.

example:

create_keychain(
  name: ENV["MATCH_KEYCHAIN_NAME"], 
  password: ENV["MATCH_KEYCHAIN_PASSWORD"],
  timeout: 1800
)

match(keychain_name: ENV["MATCH_KEYCHAIN_NAME"], 
      keychain_password: ENV["MATCH_KEYCHAIN_PASSWORD"])
1 Like

I have the same issue. I’m using fastlane but not match.

In my case I can see that it stops on the copy-frameworks (/usr/local/bin/carthage copy-frameworks) from Carthage.

Response from support was to put
- 'security set-key-partition-list -S apple-tool:,apple:,codesign: -s -k circle circle.keychain'
in my dependencies pre section. Now building fine without timeouts again.