Xcode 12 GM

Thanks for all for the great beta Xcode 12 updates. Any estimates when the GM will be available?

2 Likes

Hi @danl3v! We’re working on it now, and we expect it to be out very soon. Watch out for an update!

2 Likes

Good to see that the CircleCI team is on top of things :+1:

1 Like

They are. Much love to the Circle team

1 Like

@thekatertot You might already be aware, but the Xcode 12 GM Seed has been updated with a new build. First one was 12A7208, new one is 12A7209.

I’m not sure what’s the difference between the two, but, anecdotally, the first build crashed on me once in the couple hours I used it… could be the reason a new build was uploaded.

2 Likes

@thekatertot seems like there is an Apple issue with caching causing folks not to be able to download 12A7209

2 Likes

Thank you for letting us know!

I’ve just been told by a friend that he could get 12A7209. Apparently, the iOS SDK was updated but the macOS one remained the same in that new Xcode build.
I could not verify yet.

I was just able to download and expand 12A7209. If you run md5 -q on the xip file, the hash is 546c31178adae9afd4c48ee086277701. For the first seed, the hash is 7ab346b4451c3610308495ad3135db08

1 Like

@thekatertot Would you have any timeframe to share to help set some expectations with the iOS/CircleCI community? Thank you :pray:t2:

FWIW I could also get the new Xcode 12 GM build last night.

1 Like

We don’t have a timeframe yet. Beta 1 was released, but these obviously aren’t suggested for production.

We’re working on GM!

@pquillere_zen I posted that and then an announcement was made here! Xcode 12 GM Released

2 Likes

Haha. That’s always how it works :grin:

Thank you for the update and the quick turnaround on that one! This is greatly appreciated!

2 Likes