We have released an Xcode 11 Beta 3 image today. You can select the image by adding the following to a job in config.yml :
macos: xcode: 11.0.0
These are the changes in this image compared to Xcode 11.0 Beta 2:
- Xcode is now version 11.0 Beta 3 Build
- Since this is a beta image, we have a reduced set of simulators, all running iOS 13. We will add more simulators to the final image.
Fixed: The Java 8 JDK is correctly installed, along with
- cocoapods: 1.7.2 => 1.7.3
- node: 12.4.0 => 12.5.0
- yarn: 1.17.0 => 1.16.0
The full manifest of the installed software and SDKs is available here.
- There is an issue where a dialog appears for the first 30 seconds after the image boots reporting that the OS did not shut down cleanly on the last boot. This might impact UI tests. We pre-boot VMs so that builds can start as quickly as possible, so in many cases our VMs have been booted more than 30 seconds prior before to build running, which will reduce the rate of occurance of this bug.
Upcoming deprecations / changes
Python 2 will be no longer be maintained from January 2020. We plan on removing Python 2 from any images built after that date (Python 2 is being removed from
- There is a public beta of macOS Catalina - when we ship an image cased on Catalina, we will have to decide what shell to provide by default (