Wrong Git commit message being displayed and it skips the build

Hello. We are having some issues with CircleCI showing the wrong commit message (and sometimes skips the build). It is the issue as this: Wrong Git commit message being displayed, but the author didn’t follow up…

I made a StackOverflow post about it since new users can’t add more than 1 image per post.

Any help is really appreciated.

Hello @olereidar,

Are these commits part of a pull request by chance? This type of issue may be best diagnosed as part of a support ticket so we can better investigate. Please do not hesitate to contact us in support.

Hi @KyleTryon, thanks for replying.
The commits are not part of a pull request. It is a new branch made with git checkout -b newbranch.
I’ll check out the possibilities for support in our team.

@KyleTryon We’re having the same issue. Commit message shown in CCI build is not latest but the one prior. This is confusing development. Any resolution?

@joshuaf I’m currently in support with @KyleTryon. I’ll keep you posted.

@joshuaf The issue has been reported and there will be a fix for it in the future. We don’t have an ETA yet, but I can notify you when its fixed.

In my case, it looks like a simple case of the git commits being displayed in the reverse order. I expect that the latest commit to be on top and the oldest to be at the bottom. It’s currently displayed in reverse.

This has been quite annoying for us. We have for instance a situation where the workflow is skipped due to the 5th merged commit message having a ci-skip (but not the head).

Any ETA update on this one? @olereidar

Hi @jsbed,

We are still looking into this, I’ve bumped the issue with our engineers and will touch back when I have an update