View docker logs of build failure

A circle ci 2.0 build is failing because a run command is failing. The circle ci web UI output log only shows that the command failed, and does not show the command as run.

Is there a way to show the commands as run in the build, perhaps in a build log inside the failed container?

I found where are detailed logs?. So I installed docker (client) in my build image, re-ran the failed build with SSH and logged into the failed build container. But i can’t get a list of docker container ids (to pass to docker logs):

[root@… ~]# docker ps
Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at unix:///var/run/docker.sock. Is the docker daemon running?

I also found passing docker variables, but i don’t understand where, when to pass these environment variables.

It’s a bit hard to make suggestions without more detailed information. What’s the failing command?

It may help for us to see your config file as well; would you supply that, in a formatted code block?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.