Pipeline status remains stuck on "not run"

Hey there all - hoping this is just a silly mistake I’m making but I’ve been unable to fix this.

My private repo was initally triggering the pipeline to run fine (albeit failing), but after it timed out after going over an hour, all my subsequent commits to my repo have resulted in the pipeline not running. Can’t seem to figure out why this is - I’ve reverted all my changes and looked online and played with settings but nothing is seeming to do it. I’m using the free plan, but still well within my bounds - I’m only just starting out.

Here is my .circleci/config.yml:

executors:
  pw-jammy-development:
    docker:
      - image: mcr.microsoft.com/playwright:v1.40.0-jammy

jobs:
  build:
    docker:
      - image: mcr.microsoft.com/playwright:v1.40.0-jammy

working_directory: ~/repo

steps:
      - checkout

# Install dependencies
      - run:
          name: Install Dependencies
          command: npm ci

# Run Playwright tests
      - run:
          name: Run Playwright Tests
          command: npx playwright test

# Store test artifacts (screenshots, etc.)
      - store_artifacts:
          path: path/to/your/artifacts
          destination: artifacts

# Upload playwright-report to S3
      - run:
          name: Upload Report to S3
          command: |
            aws s3 cp playwright-report s3://your-s3-bucket-name/playwright-report --recursive```

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks everyone :)))

If that is your whole config.yml file you have missed out the workflow section where you would call the defined job ‘build’.

What’s weird is that I had them working without the workflow defined before but even when adding it like so:

version: 2.1

executors:
  pw-jammy-development:
    docker:
      - image: mcr.microsoft.com/playwright:v1.41.0-jammy

jobs:
  build:
    docker:
      - image: mcr.microsoft.com/playwright:v1.41.0-jammy

working_directory: ~/repo

steps:
      - checkout

# Install dependencies
      - run:
          name: Install Dependencies
          command: npm ci

# Run Playwright tests
      - run:
          name: Run Playwright Tests
          command: npx playwright tests

# Store test artifacts (screenshots, etc.)
      - store_artifacts:
          path: /playwright-report
          destination: artifacts

workflows:
  build-and-test:
    jobs:
      - build

This still just says build-and-test workflow, “Not Run”. It notices all of my commits, but doesn’t seem to run anything.

A painful sight

Thanks for your help! :)))

OK, this is where the overall environment limits my ability to offer any ideas.

My environment is Bitbucket based and when I copy your config.yml file into a test project a build is started correctly and runs the expected steps until “Install Dependencies”. This makes sense as I do not have a complete project so npm does not have a package-lock.json file to work against.

This leaves you having to check your project and repo settings to try and work out what is stopping the project from running even after an event has caused it to be correctly added to the work queue.

Thanks for your help!
I got fed up with it and tried to create a new project when I was faced with this message:

I don’t know how I’ve managed that!! Looks like I’ll need to contact them - I’m a fresh newbie and am only playing with the tool to try and figure things out… Ah well - really appreciate it :))

OK, now that will cause issues.

Over the last year or so CircleCI has been adding more and more checks to its platform to catch people trying to use the free resources for things like crypto mining. The result has been several people testing the services or just trying to get up to speed with its features being flagged.

Hopefully, their support team can help you out promptly.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.