Next-Gen Elixir Convenience Image now Available

Hey Everyone,

For those who don’t know, we at CircleCI maintain a fleet of Docker images, which we call Convenience Images, for various languages and databases. These images are designed to run your CI environment.

The Docker build system we are using is old and complicated so we’ve been designing a new suite of images. This of course includes a new Elixir image.

If you’re already using CircleCI to build/test/deploy your Elixir project (or want to), the new version of the Elixir Convenience Image is now available for you to use. The image is cimg/elixir with the tag being an Elixir version such as 1.10 or 1.10.2.

It’s all open source so you can find the GitHub repo here and the Docker Hub repo here. You can also view the announcement blog post on next-gen Convenience Images here.

Any questions, please let me know, thanks!

1 Like

Hi Ricardo,

I have just tried cimg/elixir:1.10.4 convenience image but I got following error:

/usr/bin/env: ‘python’: No such file or directory

Exited with code exit status 127
CircleCI received exit code 127

Apparently the error happens in the aws-ecr/build-and-push-image step, when installing AWS CLI. I can share with you build link to try and find the problem.

Best.

Hi. Python isn’t installed in the image. You’d need to install Python to not get that error.

It’s possible the has been or can be updated to install Python for you, to make this easier.