In the build screen, should "By Project" sorting put repos in alphabetical order?

Is it just me? I can’t believe that it’s been broken this long and there are no other forum posts about it.

I have 20+ repos that I need to manage/support for my organization on CircleCI. I want them sorted “By Repo” (which seems to have recently changed to “By Project”). But when I click that button, they are not sorted. For example, I currently have “By Project” selected, and this is (an excerpt of) what I see:

<my_org>/work-u
<my_org>/work-d
<my_org>/data
<my_org>/nation
<my_org>/sicm

This is what I want to see:

<my_org>/data
<my_org>/nation
<my_org>/sicm
<my_org>/work-d
<my_org>/work-u

Organized alphabetically. With a lot of repos to manage/support, it’s very difficult to find the one I want when the list is apparently randomized.

We are new to CircleCI, is this still an issue? I also can’t seem to alphabetize my project list, and the list is a mess without it (we have nearly 40 projects). Am I just missing the magic button to do this?

I was going to guess that “By Project” means that the repos are sorted in order of recency, and then group branches together. However, after having checked, this is not so - maybe they are sorted in order of how they were added to the Add Projects screen?

I don’t think it is the order that they are added. I am in the process of moving our builds to Circle CI, so I can clearly see the jobs are not just being added to the bottom. It just seems random.

It’s pretty annoying actually since we have so many and the list is constantly growing, it’s hard to find things. Is there a way to make this a feature request?

Yep, here. I can’t say it’s bothered me too much, but sort-by-name does seem like good suggestion.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.