How To Get Version of Executor

I am using the circleci/windows@2.4.0 orb and would like to pin the default executor at a specific version. How do I determine what version of the windows-server-2019-vs2019 image I am presently using or which versions are available? Is there a website listing them?

At the moment there’s no way to pin Windows images. The image is automatically re-built on a monthly basis to include patches, updates, refresh the visual studio license, and other maintenance tasks. This is a rolling image process, and we only keep two versions of the windows image. The current default version, and the previous version. You can supply previous as an argument to the version parameter to use the older image, but the license in the image will likely be expired. So it’s mostly useful as a means for troubleshooting differences in changes to the image.

If you need more flexibility here I think this idea might be valuable for you. It would be helpful if you could vote on it and leave a comment supporting it. Our product teams regularly review these pages to help us prioritize customer needs.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.