Former employee still getting notifications

Is there any way to remove a former employee from CircleCI? They’ve been removed from GitHub, however are still getting notifications. This is obviously less than ideal.

CircleCI permissions currently mirror the VCS-P’s permissions. Shortly after you remove a user from a Github org, they should no longer have access.

In the past, the most common root causes have been
1 - not actually removing the user’s access to a specific repo on github OR
2- realizing that the only notifications being sent relate to an open-source repos (which technically any CircleCI user can follow)

Do you think either of those could help solve your problem?

Thanks for the response.

1/ He has been removed, I’m positive (almost a week ago)
2/ They are closed-source repos

He is still listed as “following” it, and is getting notifications. Is there any way to give you the actual names and repos, and show you?

Yes! @gkoberger Sorry for the late reply, i didn’t see a ping.
You can email support@circleci.com and mention my name - Rishi. I’ll look into it further.

For what it’s worth, while I missed your reply - I did research the issue and it does seem that list does not accurately reflect current permissions (it checks from a potentially stale source). I’m getting that fixed.
That being said, if the repo is not open-sourced - that user should not be getting notifications.

Happy to escalate this.

@rishimkumar I’m seeing this problem. I have a private repository that someone was removed from but is still receiving Circle project emails. Not great for obvious reasons.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.