- The application I try to deploy is in a subfolder in GitHub.
- Test with CircleCI are running fine by passing the folder path (build_dir) in the general section of the circle.yml
- the ruby version I speficfied as 2.2.0 in the machine section of the circle.yml
- for the deployment I added the deployment section with the staging part as described in the howto step 3
When running the build and reaching the point where the deployment starts the build will fail (see error message log below)
How can I make sure that CircleCi is passing the correct path to Heroku? The Gemfile is available in the subfolder of the application in GitHub repository.
I already tried it the following way as I read that I might be automatically in the application folder without success.
- “[[ ! -s “$(git rev-parse --git-dir)/shallow” ]] || git fetch --unshallow”
- cd … && git push firstname.lastname@example.org:herokuapplication.git master
Does anybody has the same issue and found a solution?
ERROR MESSAGE in deploy to herokuapplication stage of the build process.
Warning: Permanently added ‘heroku.com,xx.yy.zz.aa’ (RSA) to the list of known hosts.
Counting objects: 2184, done.
Delta compression using up to 32 threads.
Compressing objects: 100% (1574/1574), done.
Writing objects: 100% (2184/2184), 18.07 MiB | 20.60 MiB/s, done.
Total 2184 (delta 1300), reused 1008 (delta 539)
remote: Compressing source files…remote: Compressing source files… done.
remote: Building source:
remote: ! Push rejected, no Cedar-supported app detected
remote: HINT: This occurs when Heroku cannot detect the buildpack
remote: to use for this application automatically.
remote: See https://devcenter.heroku.com/articles/buildpacks
remote: Verifying deploy…remote: Verifying deploy…
remote: ! Push rejected to ala-lcm-information-hub.
! [remote rejected] email@example.com:herokuapplication.git -> master (pre-receive hook declined)
error: failed to push some refs to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org:herokuapplication.git’
((git push "email@example.com:herokuapplication.git" "firstname.lastname@example.org:herokuapplication.git:refs/heads/master")) returned exit code 1((git push "email@example.com:herokuapplication.git" "firstname.lastname@example.org:herokuapplication.git:refs/heads/master")) returned exit code 1
Action failed: Deploy to herokuapplication