Circle.yml for building Cocos2D-x android on Linux

Hi guys,

I am trying to get CI working ona simple Cocos2D-x project. my Circle.yml file has the following lines:

override:
    - cd /home/ubuntu/myfirstcocos2dx/
    - chmod +x ./proj.android-studio/gradlew
    - chmod +x ./cocos2d/tools/cocos2d-console/bin/cocos.py
    - yes Y | ./cocos2d/tools/cocos2d-console/bin/cocos.py compile -p android --android-studio:
        timeout: 1800

And it always stuck at the command: - yes Y | ./cocos2d/tools/cocos2d-console/bin/cocos.py compile -p android --android-studio:
Which has to download a brunch of files from https://jcenter.bintray.com. It would fail at random file, just stopped downloading and no response until timeout.

Is there something I need to do in advance? Anyway to keep the download alive?

Thanks!

Can you share a link to the build?

Hi Lev,

I have played around with the project a bit and googled around too. I suspect it is out of memory problem so I have changed the max heap size using GRADLE_OPTS and then I got a build error saying my memory usage is over 4gig.
My repo is public so you can take a look at the src and Circle.yml there:

Thanks a lot!
Thomas

Hey Thomas,

Just realized this was an android project. Pretty much all Android projects these days need more than 4GB of RAM in order to build successfully. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide additional RAM unless you are on a paid plan.

If you wish to build this project on CircleCI, you would need to upgrade to at least 1 paid container and we can bump the RAM for you.

Thanks Lev,

My company will setup a paid account soon.
I will consult with the team on the memory usage of the actually project then.

cheers,
Thomas

1 Like