Cannot run Cypress tests anymore

Hey there! I’m trying to run Cypress E2E and they’ve been working for some weeks. Suddenly, we started seeing failed build with this error:

Error: EACCES: permission denied, open '/home/circleci/chemsquare-frontend/node_modules/cypress/dist/info.json'

Platform: linux (Debian - 8.10)
Cypress Version: 2.1.0

I found some issues and topics regarding incorrect access rights, but since we install the dependencies without sudo, I don’t understand why this directory should not be accessible…

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I assume you’re using Docker 2.0.

I don’t use this test system, but could you wind back your base Docker image to a specific hash key, in case that is the cause? I don’t know if this works in Circle, but might be worth a try - in Docker you can lock images to a specific build, e.g.:

alpine:3.6@sha256:3d44fa76c2c83ed9296e4508b436ff583397cac0f4bad85c2b4ecc193ddb5106

Of course you’d need to swap out the image and hash for your own values. I would imagine the Docker image hash history is available on Docker Hub or GitHub.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.