Can Circle CI run UI Tests with Xcode 7?

I’ve looked through the docs, but can’t see anything. Hopefully I’m just being blind :stuck_out_tongue:, because it would be rad to have.

Here are some UI Test resources for anyone wondering what they are (they replace UIAutomation tests):

You should be able to! Our build environment is an OS X VM with Xcode installed so any tools you use on your mac you should be able to use on CircleCI. Have you tried anything yet?

This post might help get you started with the code to use the build image

1 Like

That’s awesome! Thanks.

I feel like a massive n00b at the moment. I can’t get Circle CI to build and test our Xcode project.

I keep getting this:

set -o pipefail && xcodebuild CODE_SIGNING_REQUIRED=NO CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY= PROVISIONING_PROFILE= -sdk iphonesimulator -destination 'platform=iOS Simulator,OS=8.1,name=iPhone 6' -scheme "Loot" clean build test | tee $CIRCLE_ARTIFACTS/xcode_raw.log | xcpretty --color --report junit --output $CIRCLE_TEST_REPORTS/xcode/results.xml
bash: line 1: xcodebuild: command not found

bash: line 1: xcpretty: command not found set -o pipefail && xcodebuild CODE_SIGNING_REQUIRED=NO CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY= PROVISIONING_PROFILE= -sdk iphonesimulator -destination 'platform=iOS Simulator,OS=8.1,name=iPhone 6' -scheme "Loot" clean build test | tee $CIRCLE_ARTIFACTS/xcode_raw.log | xcpretty --color --report junit --output $CIRCLE_TEST_REPORTS/xcode/results.xml returned exit code 127

circle.yml looks like this:

machine:
  xcode:
    version: "7.1"
test:
  override:
    - set -o pipefail &&
      xcodebuild
        CODE_SIGNING_REQUIRED=NO
        CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY=
        PROVISIONING_PROFILE=
        -sdk iphonesimulator
        -destination 'platform=iOS Simulator,OS=8.1,name=iPhone 6'
        -scheme "Loot"
        clean build test |
      tee $CIRCLE_ARTIFACTS/xcode_raw.log |
      xcpretty --color --report junit --output $CIRCLE_TEST_REPORTS/xcode/results.xml

I don’t understand how xcodebuild is missing? Isn’t it pre-installed?

So my team and I found out it was because we hadn’t set the Experimental Settings to turn Build iOS project ON.

We now get this warning:

Warning: Sorry! Your build didn't run because we are still adding capacity to the iOS beta and haven't enabled your organization yet. We know you're waiting and we'll get you building as soon as we can. If you have any questions, please free to contact us in support.

Hopefully our organisation can be “enabled” soon :pray:.