Builds using the circleci/aws-ecr@7.2.0 and @7.3.0 version are currently broken

Hi everyone,

I’ve got all my build pipelines broken due to our use of the ECR orbs. We’ve traced it down to an update to Amazon’s CLI about 12ish days ago. It looks like there’s been a PR made to the orb’s repo that’ll fix this and make the orb work with the current release of the aws-cli, but it’s been stuck waiting for an approval since then.

Any ideas, short of rebuilding the pipelines to avoid the use of the orbs? If I’m going to do that, I might as well explore migrating them off of Circle entirely?

Hi there, @bobbykuzma

Sorry to hear that you are facing issues with the aws-ecr Orb.

It looks like there’s been a PR made to the orb’s repo that’ll fix this and make the orb work with the current release of the aws-cli, but it’s been stuck waiting for an approval since then.

It would be helpful to share the PR that you are looking at.
Based on the problem you described, I am not sure exactly what the AWS CLI fix is, and which PR on the aws-ecr orb presumably that you’re waiting on?

My guess is perhaps [semver:patch] Update aws-cli orb to 2.0.3 by neb · Pull Request #160 · CircleCI-Public/aws-ecr-orb · GitHub ?

@bobbykuzma
otherwise, please feel free to reach out to the CircleCI Support team, if you prefer sharing your details and in particular, your CircleCI build links, in private!