Badges for branches containing slashes in their names are broken

Here is a simple example with the feat/circleci branch:

![feat/circleci branch](https://circleci.com/gh/jsamr/react-native-render-html/tree/feat/circleci.svg?style=svg)

result: feat/circleci branch

Hi @jsamr ,

Welcome to CircleCI Discuss!

This is an interesting edge case, which may require the ability to provide the branch through a parameter rather than in the URL. Another option would be for us to replace the / characters in the branch name with a substitute character.

I will report this bug to the engineering team in charge of status badges and provide you with updates as we work to solve this issue.

@Jaryt I think this is important because the practice can be useful for scenario where multiple releases branches are held in parallel, which is reasonably common, with something along a release/4.x pattern.

1 Like

@jsamr I certainly agree. This is valid input on the GitHub end, so not providing support for that format is confusing, and possibly frustrating. This will certainly be looked further into!

1 Like

I ran into this same issue. I found that replacing / with %2F works. For example: feat%2Fcircleci

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.