Badge shows incorrect status

Hi.

Just like in the gazillion other reported issues, the badge is showing FAILED while the build is Successful. And I tried everything, cache busting, deleting, re-adding, etc. Also, it’s not Github since on CircleCI’s own page it shows FAILED yet the build is successful: https://circleci.com/gh/go-furnace/go-furnace

Did folks ever figure out what to do about this?

Thanks!

0 Likes

I stopped using badges as I no longer work on the project where I was using them. I was pondering whether to start using badges for my current project, but have not done so yet.

You could try using API calls instead, and setting up a web app to display the image data for the right badge. I agree it’s a pain, but it’s better than having incorrect badges :roll_eyes:.

Also, if you can reliably replicate the problem, report it to support@circleci.com.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s true. I fear reporting it makes no sense as I can see at least a dozen posts telling them that the badge isn’t working. I guess removing it is one option. :confused:

0 Likes

I don’t agree with that. The Circle team may have had zero support requests (where an engineer is assigned) and there’s only been some grumbling amongst users. Speaking for myself, I did not desperately need it, and I did not pursue a support request (free users could not raise tickets at that time anyway).

Do please send an email - if not for yourself, for others :blush:

1 Like

Okay, that’s a fair point. :slight_smile: I will look into it and submit a ticket. :slight_smile:

0 Likes

Submitted. :slight_smile:

0 Likes

This is on our radar but until we get more noise it’s unlikely to get a high priority. The ticket will help, thank you.

1 Like

Thank you very much, Joe!! Much appreciated.

1 Like