Xcode 12.1 (GM) Released

The Xcode 12.1 (GM) image has just been released and can be selected as follows:

macos:
    xcode: 12.1.0

Image Info

Xcode 12.1 Build version 12A7403 is installed at /Applications/Xcode-12.1.GM.seed.app

The following runtimes are installed:

• iOS 13.5
  • iOS 14.1
  • tvOS 13.4
  • tvOS 14.0
  • watchOS 6.2
  • watchOS 7.0

The full manifest of installed software can be found here.

1 Like

Hi, can an iOS 13 runtime also be installed please? Usually Apple advises supporting the current latest release and one before. Thus we should be testing on iOS 13 and iOS 14.

All the other Xcode images support multiple iOS versions.

So it seems like Xcode 12.1 is missing iOS 13 (looks like iOS 13.5 or 13.6 should be fine to add)? Can this please be installed? :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Heidi

1 Like

This is an issue for us as well. We attempt to verify things on iOS 13 and iOS 14 when using Xcode 12 in support of ensuring our app continues to work correctly on iOS 13 while starting to use aspects of the iOS 14 SDK.

So not having the iOS 13 runtime installed is problematic and prevents us from using the Xcode 12.1 images.

Thank you @heidiproske-qz and @shawnce for the feedback! I am in the process of rebuilding our 12.1 GM image with iOS 13.5 (as well as older versions of watchOS and tvOS, 6.2 and 13.4 respectively), and expect to have them rolled-out in a few hours. I’ll post an update to this thread once the new image is in place.

1 Like

We’ve re-published our Xcode 12.1 image to include runtimes for iOS 13.5, watchOS 6.2, and tvOS 13.4. The complete manifest can be found here. I’ve also updated the original announcement to reflect this information.

Please let us know if you have any issues. Thank you!

Thanks! Things look good now.

@sschneid Thanks everything’s been working great for us!

You might want to update the link on your index page at https://circleci.com/docs/2.0/testing-ios/ so that the Installed Software link next to the 12.1.0 config points to the new page you made (which DOES list iOS 13.5).

The old page that is currently linked (https://circle-macos-docs.s3.amazonaws.com/image-manifest/v3985/index.html) does NOT list iOS 13.5.

Might prevent a few more support tickets :smiley:

Thanks again,
Heidi

1 Like

What version of swift is on this image? Swift 5.3? It’s not listed on installed software.

Both 12.1 and 12.1.1 include Swift 5.3:

$ xcrun swift -version

Apple Swift version 5.3 (swiftlang-1200.0.29.2 clang-1200.0.30.1)

I tested the different Xcode installs, and it looks like Apple doesn’t include 5.3.1 until Xcode 12.2.

thank you! it would be great if you could list swift version moving forward in your installed software since syntax changes from version to version and affects the build. Thanks so much!