Workflows don't run after setup step when using path-filtering orb

I am trying to only trigger the workflow if jobs.json file has changed
Here is my config with path filtering orb. Taken pretty much verbatim from an example.

version: 2.1

# this allows you to use CircleCI's dynamic configuration feature
setup: true

# the path-filtering orb is required to continue a pipeline based on
# the path of an updated fileset
orbs:
  path-filtering: circleci/path-filtering@0.1.0

workflows:
  # the setup workflow is always triggered, regardless of the pipeline parameters.
  setup:
    jobs:
      # the path-filtering/filter job determines which pipeline
      # parameters to update.
      - path-filtering/filter:
          name: check-updated-files
          # 3-column, whitespace-delimited mapping. One mapping per
          # line:
          # <regex path-to-test> <parameter-to-set> <value-of-pipeline-parameter>
          mapping: |
            jobs.json run-build true
          base-revision: << pipeline.git.branch >>
          # this is the path of the configuration we should trigger once
          # path filtering and pipeline parameter value updates are
          # complete. In this case, we are using the parent dynamic
          # configuration itself.
          config-path: .circleci/continue_config.yml

It seems to work fine. Here’s what I see in the log. It does pick up the next configuration and parameter does seem to be set properly.

{
  "continuation-key": "************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************",
  "configuration": "version: 2.1\n\norbs:\n  path-filtering: circleci/path-filtering@0.1.0\n  aws-ecr: circleci/aws-ecr@7.2.0\n  aws-cli: circleci/aws-cli@2.0.3\n\nparameters:\n  run-build:\n    type: boolean\n    default: false\n\njobs:\n  [redacted]",
  "parameters": {
    "run-build": true
  }
}
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100  3196  100    16  100  3180    313  62352 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 62666
{"message":"OK"}
CircleCI received exit code 0

The problem is that nothing happens afterwards. No other workflows run. It should be triggering workflows (which work fine without this setup step) but it does not.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you!

Hi @vlad ,

Thank you for sharing your question on our forum!

Would it be possible to get a snippet of your continue_config.yml file? There is a possibility of a syntax error in the yaml, or perhaps no workflows are being executed due to a branch filter or conditional set for the workflows. (I did see path-filtering: circleci/path-filtering@0.1.0 in the json output above, but I don’t think this orb is normally used in a continuation config)

In this case, please remove any secret information. Also feel free to submit a support ticket and we can take a look at it on our end as well.