I have a very simple
config.yml with a single job of multiple steps:
version: 2 jobs: build: docker: - image: ... steps: - run: name: Install command: ... - checkout - run: name: CMake command: ... - run: name: Build command: ...
I run it in Docker container with C++ GCC 8.0 compiler and it works fine. Now I want to build a next workflow:
- perform my job with GCC 8.0
- if it fails - fail faster and don’t do anything else
- if it passes - repeat in in several more Docker images with GCC 7.0, GCC 6.0 etc.
so the first job would check if my project compiles at all, if it does - check for backward compatibility, if it doesn’t - don’t spam me with failing builds on many other compilers. I see the setup like this:
workflows: version: 2 check_compile: jobs: - build: name: latest docker: docker/gcc8 - build: name: gcc7 docker: docker/gcc7 requires: build-latest - build: name: gcc7 docker: docker/gcc7 requires: build-latest - build: name: gcc6 docker: docker/gcc6 requires: build-latest
- I need to repeat a single job multiple times with different names
- I need to change Docker image for different jobs
Is there a way to achieve this?