Workflow config with branch filter does not conform to schema

Hello everyone,

I am trying to setup a workflow that will execute tests on any branch, then deploy a beta build using fastlane if it is master branch. The builds and workflow are working without the branch filter, but when I try to add the filter for master branch to the deploy part of the workflow, I get this output:

We weren't able to start this workflow.
Encountered errors trying to create workflows from this config: Config does not conform to schema: {:workflows {:build-and-deploy {:jobs [nil {:deploy {:filters disallowed-key}}]}}}

(Note I am pushing this config code to a branch other than master. I’m not sure how that affects the output). Here is my config.yml:

version: 3

jobs:
  test:
    working_directory: ~/code
    docker:
      - image: circleci/android:api-25-alpha
    environment:
      JVM_OPTS: -Xmx3200m
    steps:
      - checkout
      #...

deploy:
    working_directory: ~/code
    docker:
      - image: circleci/android:api-25-alpha
    environment:
      JVM_OPTS: -Xmx3200m
    steps:
      - checkout
      #...

workflows:
  version: 1
  build-and-deploy:
    jobs:
      - test
      - deploy:
          requires:
            - test
          filters:
            branches:
              only: master

I removed most of the steps for privacy reasons, but I think this suffices. I’ve been looking at configurations for a couple hours and can’t see what I’m doing differently.

The Circle CLI says my config is valid and I ran my YAML through a validator online as well. Would love to hear any ideas!

Thanks everyone.

0 Likes

Your overall config specifies CircleCI version 3.0, which does not exist, and your workflows use version 1.0, which is deprecated. Set them both to 2 :smiley:.

0 Likes

Wow, I totally forgot that was the Circle version and bumped it like a script version when I started adding workflows. I feel so silly. Thank you

1 Like

closed #4

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

0 Likes