Was ruby 2.5.3 removed from the xcode 10.2 image

It’s stated here: https://circle-macos-docs.s3.amazonaws.com/image-manifest/build-520/index.html that the Xcode 10.2 image includes ruby 2.5.3, but recently I am finding the following error on my build:

#!/bin/bash --login -eo pipefail chruby ruby-2.5.3
chruby: unknown Ruby: ruby-2.5.3 Exited with code 1

Please advise - this seems to be a breaking change with no warning and creates a very unreliable build environment.

Thanks

Clay

1 Like

Having similar issue on our builds. It started failing this morning (Sept 26 around midnight). Please help if you know the reason?

Getting this on Xcode
#!/bin/bash --login -eo pipefail
bundle exec fastlane $FASTLANE_LANE

^D^Dchruby: unknown Ruby: ruby-2.6
Exited with code 1

config.yml

version: 2
jobs:
build_and_test:
macos:
xcode: “10.1.0”
environment:
FASTLANE_LANE: test
BUNDLER_VERSION: 2.0.1

Hi Armenm,

We made a change to make bash be a login shell today, to help us work around some problems supporting Xcode 11 and 11.1 and Ruby.

The problem is that chruby is trying to select Ruby 2.6 for your project. This must be triggered from a .ruby-version file or by calling chruby manually - do you have a .ruby-version file in your repo?

Your image has Ruby 2.4 and 2.5 available.

Marc

Hi @marc

I tried to manually set it in the .ruby-version to 2.5.3.
2.5.3. seems to work, but I got another error
I ended up setting it to ruby-2.4.5.
Thanks for quick response and help.

Will post the error for ruby-2.5.3 just in case.

#!/bin/bash --login -eo pipefail
chmod 755 ./setup.sh & ./setup.sh ci
Fetching: bundler-2.0.2.gem (100%)
Successfully installed bundler-2.0.2
1 gem installed
Traceback (most recent call last):
	2: from /Users/distiller/.gem/ruby/2.5.3/bin/bundle:23:in `<main>'
	1: from /Users/distiller/.rubies/ruby-2.5.3/lib/ruby/2.5.0/rubygems.rb:308:in `activate_bin_path'
/Users/distiller/.rubies/ruby-2.5.3/lib/ruby/2.5.0/rubygems.rb:289:in `find_spec_for_exe': can't find gem bundler (>= 0.a) with executable bundle (Gem::GemNotFoundException)
Traceback (most recent call last):
	2: from /Users/distiller/.gem/ruby/2.5.3/bin/bundle:23:in `<main>'
	1: from /Users/distiller/.rubies/ruby-2.5.3/lib/ruby/2.5.0/rubygems.rb:308:in `activate_bin_path'
/Users/distiller/.rubies/ruby-2.5.3/lib/ruby/2.5.0/rubygems.rb:289:in `find_spec_for_exe': can't find gem bundler (>= 0.a) with executable bundle (Gem::GemNotFoundException)
Exited with code 1