Upgrading to 2.0 - Config-translation error & deprecated base image!

Attempting to upgrade to 2.0, and used the suggested Config-translation tool. Ran into a couple of errors/issues off the bat:

1. The base Docker image it suggested we use is:
    circleci/build-image:ubuntu-14.04-XXL-upstart-1189-5614f37

My first question, is why is this the image being suggested to use, when Ubuntu Upstart has been deprecated already?

On top of that, this image is 7GB! And seems to cause other users issues as well.
https://discuss.circleci.com/t/ubuntu-14-04-xxl-upstart-1189-5614f37-pulls-every-time/20541

I plan to find another base image once I get everything passing. Just thought I would bring this up, bc it seems like the Config-translation tool might be outdated already?

1. I also ran into the same error as noted here >
    https://discuss.circleci.com/t/config-translation-generated-broken-config/21094

One of my steps that was added to the yml was creating a symlink:

- run:
    working_directory: ~/a/directory
    command: |-
          ln -fs << $HOME/.phpenv/versions/5.6.22/libexec/apache2/libphp5.so/usr/lib/apache2/modules/libphp5.so;
          phpenv global 5.6.22 2>/dev/null

This fails Circle with an error:

/bin/bash: line 1: warning: here-document at line 0 delimited by end-of-file (wanted `$HOME/.phpenv/versions/5.6.22/libexec/apache2/libphp5.so/usr/lib/apache2/modules/libphp5.so')
    ln: missing file operand

Found the answer here > Very Simple circle.yml fails to start Apache

This is how I got it working in case someone else runs into this error:

command: |-
 sudo unlink "/usr/lib/apache2/modules/libphp5.so";
 sudo ln -fs "${PHPENV_ROOT}/versions/$(phpenv global)/usr/lib/apache2/modules/libphp5.so" "/usr/lib/apache2/modules/libphp5.so"

I’m using docker:17.05.0-ce-git as my base image, and in my last run it took two seconds to start up. The time before that was seven seconds, the time before that one second. I suspect it’s cached, and the delay is just waiting for the container service to allocate a new build.

Meta: please format your YAML snippets and log snippets above with code formatting, so they are more readable. There is a tool provided in the editor for this purpose.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.