Tagged Workflow run doesn't appear in Workflows section

So I’ve been working on a fairly common problem, setting up tagged builds to deploy our apps. I’ve got this working now after many iterations but I noticed something strange in Circle CI. Not sure if this is a bug or something I’m doing wrong. In the below configuration snippet, notice one workflow without any filters, (this is for development) and one with tag filters (this is for deployment).

app_development_workflow:
    jobs:
      - checkout_code

- dorothy:
          requires:
            - checkout_code

[...] 

app_deployment_workflow:
    jobs:
      - checkout_code:
          filters:
            branches:
              ignore: /.*/
            tags:
              only:
                - /^(muse).*/

- dorothy_deploy:
          requires:
            - cpp_tests
          filters:
            branches:
              ignore: /.*/
            tags:
              only: 
                - /^muse-android\/[0-9]+\.[0-9]+\.[0-9]+/

When I want to deploy, I run fastlane locally. This fastlane script increments the build number and commits that with [ci skip] deploy version xx.xx.xx, and then pushes a tag with the same build number. The development workflow is skipped as intended (based on the commit message) and the deployment workflow runs as intended. However in the Circle CI interface, this run never shows up as a workflow. The builds in the workflow appear in the builds lists and run, but if I navigate to the workflows tab all I see is the skipped development workflow. I would expect that builds triggered via tag filters would still appear in the Workflows list?

This is not a deal breaker for us as the builds do run, it’s just difficult to see what’s going on.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.