Similar workflows, same conditions only want 1 to run based on a trigger pipeline and parameter

I have to workflows that look basically the same except that 1 does a full release (DB updates + app release) where the other only does a point release for the app.

The workflows are triggered using Trigger Pipeline and have a few parameters that need to be configured that are the exact same for both. env, release

Then I’m trying to use a new parameter point_release, if it’s true I want that workflow to execute, the default is false.

I’ve tried a few variations of conditionals and I can’t seem to even trigger the point release, I keep triggering the full one.

Any ideas?

deploy_to_stage_point_release:
when:
and:
- equal: [ stg01, << pipeline.parameters.env >> ]
- equal: [ true, << pipeline.parameters.point_release >>]
- or: [ << pipeline.parameters.release_version >> ]

deploy_to_stage:
when:
and:
- equal: [ stg01, << pipeline.parameters.env >> ]
- or: [ << pipeline.parameters.release_version >> ]

White space is very important, but due to the way that you have posted your code it is not possible to tell if that is correct. By using the </> option in the editor menu it is possible to post code that retains the white space.

Looking at the conditions the issue is most likely to be with the way that you are defining the parameters. as you are doing true/false checks against point_release it will depend on how you have defined it - as a string or as a boolean. Can you post more of your code?

Thanks, I figured out how I can do it a different way