Selenium Java Testing

Hi, I’m new to circle CI, I don’t have any idea how to migrate my work in selenium to circle CI any tips on what to do or what to research about?

https://circleci.com/docs/2.0/browser-testing/#selenium
I’d start here.
I’m not running selinium, but our browser testing has 2 tricky parts worth keeping in mind,
Start a local server as background task, and wait on it to be serving (all of this can be skipped if you’re testing against a cloud environment)

- run:
            name: Start
            command: << yourCommandHere >>
            background: true
        - run:
            name: Wait-on <<parameters.wait-on>>
            command: npx wait-on <<parameters.wait-on>>

Then trigger your tests.

Note that CI on its own is not a beginner task, and Selenium complicates things a great deal further. I mean it to be useful when I say that if your question is “where do I begin, help me”, you may struggle, and I don’t think this forum is set up for tuition. Do you have colleagues or commercial third-party support to help with this project?

Hey Halfer, thank you for you reply :slight_smile: I do have my boss to guide me, but I also try to learn it own my own in a way that could benefit me in the future. nonetheless seems like the community here is alright. hoping in the future I could contribute too

Thank you for the tip excenter :slight_smile: I have read this and it some how gave some idea on how I could make it work. right now I’m trying to understand the process so that I integrate my local work here

1 Like