Run builds or jobs of a project sequentially

Hi all,

Builds/workflows of a project can happen concurrently. That affects our versioning and deployment strategy.

We would need a feature that allows us to run builds of a project sequentially.
If two builds A and B are triggered in this order, I would expect A to build in CircleCI and B to be queued waiting for A to either finish or be in a “waiting for approval” state.
Or the ability to specify in my workflow configuration “jobs” that can’t run concurrently.

I’ve seen a closed topic on this subject Prevent Concurrent Builds of a Branch with a workaround that I would like to avoid. We don’t want to waste resources and pay for a container waiting for a a build to finish.

We are aware of the “Auto-cancel redundant builds” but we don’t want to cancel running builds. As we could be in the process of performing a blue green deployment for example when the cancel build is triggered.

Hi there,

Welcome to our community. All feature requests should go to the ideas page where they are regularly reviewed by the CircleCI product team.

This is a very common feature request that and right now there is no solution outside of the workaround that you already found.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.