Require Manual Approval based on a condition

Hello,

My team has an encrypted secrets bundle in git used (among other places) in circle with the decryption key set as an environment variable in the Circle UI. I’m hoping I can have one of the jobs in the workflow compare that specific file against the target branch, (something like git diff --name-only $TARGET_BRANCH..HEAD mysecrets.tar.gz.asc) and if there’s a diff require the manual approval, but if no changes continue uninterrupted.

Is there a way to hack something like this together?

Hi Ken. We have a feature request for this here https://ideas.circleci.com/ideas/CCI-I-605

Please vote to show interest and track updates, as well as comment to add any details regarding your use case that you would like our product team to see.

I’m sure you know this but it’s frustrating to have multiple logins. I’m disinclined to sign up yet again just to upvote that feature request. Thanks for letting me know it’s already been thought of and is up for some level of consideration.

That’s good feedback, and something I’ve heard before (and forgotten to share)

As a workaround, you can create a ticket and we can attach you to the feature request that way, then you would count as a vote without needing to create a new login.

I will raise the single-login request with the product team now while I’m thinking about it and see what we can do.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.